Thursday 28 April 2011

Thursday eveing

I'm writing this with a great sense of relaxed satisfaction, having treated myself to the DVD of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader this afternoon and watched it through this evening. I do love those Narnia books and I thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation, much more so than Prince Caspian. It felt more like the original Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I'm doing nothing now. Well, nothing that involves work anyway. Four days of sheer idleness looms before me. Behind me trails a simply lovely day - week, in fact. I wouldn't want school to be like that all the time. One needs routines and timetables. But now and again it's a delight to children and staff alike. The sight and sound of the whole school sitting in the field, waving their union flags and singing Land of Hope and Glory and God Save the Queen (twice as it wasn't loud enough the first time) brought tears to many an adult eye and, I hope, will have given the children an experience they will remember for a long time to come.

As for tomorrow, well, I will boringly be doing what at least 90% of the country will be doing and watching 'The Wedding', with all the fuss and bother that surrounds it. We were going to have a cul-de-sac party but no-one had the time and/or energy to get it organised. A shame, but we're all busy witches down here. And that wedding needs to be watched!

Happy Royal Wedding to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment