Thursday 23 June 2011

Thursday evening

The computer is feeling a lot better and should be home again tomorrow or Saturday feeling a lot better after its stay at the Eddie-hospital. Great relief.

It was an interesting day today. I didn't take games with year 1. I was elsewhere. This year the juniors are doing the Wizard of Oz as their show. The member of staff who plays for the junior show, a very gifted pianist and general all round super-musician, is off so I was roped in to accompany for the singing rehearsal.
Well, you know me. I can manage to crash out things like 'Autumn Days' or 'Have you seen the Pussy Cat' in the Eric Morcambe style of playing (all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order) but when it comes to the finer points of 'Ha ha ha, ho ho ho' or Ding dong, the witch is dead' I do rather struggle.
Fortunately I didn't make too much of a fool of myself and got through without totally losing my place more than half a dozen times but I never was all that much of a sight reader and much prefer to have the melody lines and a few chords to fuzz around.
I'm not sure who got the rawest deal - me accompanying the juniors or the year 5 teacher who had to take my little dears around the throwing activities for Infant Sports Day!

For the very first time in goodness knows how long, we are entering Friday without a mound of unfinished work! Amazing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment