Saturday 9 July 2011

Saturday morning

Yes, Junior Sports Day was indeed cancelled. 'Luckily' the decision was made quite early due to the condition of the school field, so K was able to get a message out on Parentmail which cut the number of enquiries down considerably. It's such a shame because days are pretty heavily booked from now until the end of the school year and with the uncertainty of the weather, no-one knows whether they will now be able to hold it at all. Certainly, if they do, it will be an impromptu decision and many parents will not be able to attend.

So another working week draws to an end. Ten teaching days to go. I have to go into school today though. I was very busy yesterday sorting out paperwork and the limited space meant that I couldn't spread as I needed to. Also I have to practice. I gather that the piano in the secondary hall we are using for the W of O is terrible, so we are taking the school clavinova,which is fine but plays differently to a proper piano! Never mind, these things are just sent to try us, aren't they? And by 8:30 on Wednesday evening it will all be over anyway!

As for today, well, I had made a tentative arrangement with DD to go strawberry picking this morning but I'm not sure she will be coming. We will see - if the weather is bad then I won't go anyway. I have a lot of house stuff to do and, of course, the work in school too. I want to get my records all up to date too, and that also involves spreading stuff lavishly over a wide space!

The garden is still growing well - including the weeds. I think that has to be G's job today - attacking those weeds! Looking from a distance, it all looks very nice: close up is a different tale.
As for the house - say no more!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment