Sunday 10 July 2011

Sunday morning




After yesterday's fruit heaven I am hoping today will be more of the same. At the moment the strawberries, which have been standing overnight in the jam sugar and lemon juice, are slowly heating to dissolve the sugar before I start boiling them up. It's going to have to be in two batches as the pan I use is lovely but not large enough and anyway strawberries are better done in smaller amounts to make reaching setting point easier.


Today I'd like to make some strawberry cordial from a recipe that I found here. It looks lovely, doesn't it? I have the citric acid, but must remember to get some more as I need it to make my home made lemon squash which is very refreshing on those hot days.


Well, the jam much be well on its way by now and I must be in the kitchen so I'd better stop rambling and go! Have a happy day, everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment