Sunday 30 October 2011

Sunday morning


I wonder what she did with the middle.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin soup, pumpkin cookies?
 As regular blog readers will know, I do like to support local businesses, especially those set up by mums from school.  Last week I posted about Just Jules cakes and today it's the turn of Inspire Floristry, a flower arrangement business run by a mum I've had a fair bit to do with over the years as I taught her older daughter as well have having her little one in my class right now.  Very autumnal, very Halloween-ish and it looks lovely on my dining table!  It was a little End-Of-Half-Term treat to myself.

I had a lovely day with DG yesterday while his mum went to a cat show.  We played make believe, we went out to the local pub for lunch and then he disappeared upstairs to play.  I heard him banging around for a while and then realised it had all gone quiet so went up (as you do) to see what was up, to discover him fast asleep on one of the spare beds.  Bless him, he has had a busy week this week.  Maddison Heights on Monday, the London Eye, etc, on Wednesday and Disney on Ice ('absolutely brilliant' said he afterwards) on Friday.  All organised by his school's Discovery Club.  Fantastic.

A loved her scarf.  She raved about it in my facebook mailbox and then came over to chat.  As a result we have a Cunning Plan.  I'm saying no more now as it might not work, but we will see.

Sadly, today is the last day of the half term break.  It's been a lovely week in which I did manage to do a lot of the 'specials' I had planned, although not necessarily in the 'right' order!  Ikea, Hyde Hall, lunches out, plenty of r&r, Hobbycraft . . . what's not to like there?  It's been very satisfying all round.  Shame about the bedroom, shame about the housework, shame about the ironing - but one must get ones priorities right!
And talking of priorities - the planning is done and printed, so that's good too!  See, I'm not just a pretty face . . . well, not a pretty face at all, in fact!  :0)

Footnote:  for all my lovely readers - please do feel free to leave a comment if you want.  Comments are good (and any that aren't will be deleted anyway!) so I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment