Sunday 13 November 2011

Sunday . . .

. . . and I am just waiting for DD and DG to turn up for Sunday dinner.  For the first time in ages I have done a roast - a pot roast, in fact.  The silverside looked really nice in Morrisons so I got some and it has been pot roasted with red wine, beef stock, carrot, onion and garlic.  The liquid has been zizzed down and has made a lovely thick, tasty sauce.  With it there's some of the red cabbage we made a month or so ago and some roast potatoes and carrots.  Should be tasty!

Apart from that, I've done a bit of tidying up, labelled some jam jars and generally fussed around doing not-a-lot!  I managed to get all the apples DD brought last week cooked and mouli-ed into apple sauce and now I have rather a lot.  I guess it will have to be frozen mostly, although I am going to use some to make apple and cranberry sauce for Christmas, using some nice dried cranberries that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment