Thursday 2 February 2012

Thursday morning

Oh, it's cold out there!  Bitterly cold, enough to freeze the toenails off your feet!  I feel extremely sorry for my little dears.  They have outdoor games this morning and it doesn't look as if there will be any excuses for not doing them - no rain, no wet playground, no strong winds.  Just coldy cold!  I don't feel sorry for me though, not in the slightest.  It's my coordinator time.

I see snow is forecast for Saturday.  It's simply not good enough and I shall have to complain to the weather man.  Snow should come on weekdays, enough to create a snowday.  Snowdays are no earthly use on Saturdays or Sundays.  Eny fule kno that!

I did my little bit of decluttering yesterday.  It was a bit of a cheat really - I sat in bed, opened one of the bedside drawers and chucked a whole load of old tubes and canisters into the bin.  Well, it's a start anyway!  :0)

I think I have this chicken thing sorted now.
1. Soak chicken in brine solution of 60g salt to each litre of water for about three hours.
2. Rinse and pat dry.  Put a few things into the cavity if wanted - I will bung in a cut lemon and a few herbs from the garden.
3.  Place in a roasting dish, uncovered and roast at 90 degrees until the inner temperature (of the chicken) reached 65 degrees for twelve minutes.  Could take several hours.  Luckily I have a roasting thermometer.
4. Baste with melted butter, whop the heat up to the highest it will go and brown off the chicken.
5. Eat!
I gather, from what I have read, that the soaking in brine helps the chicken to retain all its moisture and very little drips off so no stock for gravy.
I'll let you know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment