Saturday 14 April 2012

Saturday morning

And here we go on the last weekend of the Easter holiday.  I intend to enjoy it in my own quiet way, between planning and so on.

Yesterday, when J came over, we had a lovely time, chatting and knitting.  J makes socks too!  She's also a member of OUSA so a good gossip was in order.  We laughed, giggled and rambled our way round four hours that went incredibly quickly.  She got some of her sock knitted.  I gor some of mine knitted and then had to undo it because I'd dropped a stitch in a place where I couldn't rescue it with a crochet hook.  Doh! 
We are going to do it again because it was great fun!

Today George comes.  There's a fine crop of weeds awaiting his attention, a patch of grass to cut and lots of similar bits and bobs.  On the hob there's the startings of a vegetable chili which is this week's way of using up the leftover vegetables.  It will have onion, chilli, red pepper,  sweet potato, carrot, celery, cauliflower and mushroom - and red beans.  Maybe also pop in a handful of peas from the freezer for the colour factor.  And I might throw in some red lentils because I usually do.   Tomorrow perhaps we can have some in wraps with yogurt and a salad (must check if DG likes wraps) and I can have the rest later on in the week as a main meal.  I haven't made chili for simply ages.

What I'm NOT going to do is go into school.  I am so glad that I went in before Easter.  It's not all completely ready, I know, but it's OK, it's going to be fine.

I am going to finish off the little knitted V neck jumper I am making and get it all sewn up and ready to give to L on Monday morning.  And start R's second sock.  Hopefully this one will go a little more smoothly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment