Friday 27 July 2012

Friday

Is it really Friday already?  Where on earth is the time going?  And what a lazy week it has been, to be sure.  Long may it continue. 

Odd, isn't it?  I've actually done quite a lot in terms of catching up on stuff, but because I haven't left the house, gone to my place of work, done stuff and then come home again, I call it lazy.  Maybe lazy isn't the right word but I can't think of any other - this blog is quite late for me because I woke early and managed to get back to sleep again.  As a result I now have a slight headache and a muffled brain!  Serves me right for being - there's that word again - lazy!

Isn't it funny how a damaging label sticks.  As a child I always felt I was the lazy one and I probably was.  At school, at home, the lazy one.  I have often wondered, especially since teaching became so much more reflective and individualised, how much the label defines the person and how much the person defines the label.  I know darn well that I work jolly hard, although I do procrastinate quite a lot and if I can find an easier way, I will take it.    I changed the instructions for putting up the gazebo to make it easy for me to put it up unaided.  I prefer making microwave lemon curd because it is easier and faster.  My inner sensible person tells me that this is plain common sense, it is silly to deliberately take the harder route when the simpler and easier does the job just as well.  My inner critic shouts 'lazy again'!

So anyway, enough of introspection.  Yesterday I tackled that great pile of ironing, some of which was left over since goodness knows when and was the devil to iron, even with my useful spray water bottle working overtime.  Still, I got to the bottom of the ironing basket and all the hanging clothes are ironed - well, they were, until I did a fresh lot.  I reckon I have about two more loads to wash plus the load in the machine and some will need ironing, but not all.  I would feel great if I could get that all done and dusted today.
I did it the lazy - less hassled - way, sitting down, irong board lowered as far as it would go, watching rubbish telly.  If I just have one or two things to iron I just stand, but when there's loads and loads, and I really NEED it to be done, sitting and telly is the way to go for me.  It stops my back and legs from aching too badly and I am happy to continue for as long as it takes.
Lazy or practical?

For the first time this week there is no sun.  It's dull out there and the atmosphere is somehow lowering and oppressive.  The forecast is for storms and I wouldn't be surprised - it feels sticky and humid.  I guess that means I need to  take down the gazebo - or at least take off the canopy.  Ah well, I shall keep the poles together so that all I need to do is fix then to the corner mountings, so it will be easy to reassemble when needed.  Lazy or practical?  :0)

The lemon squash in the making yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment