Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday morning

I can't stay for long as I have a pot of potential strawberry jam bubbling away on the hob.  Five minutes and then it needs testing for set.  I use the saucer in the fridge method which seems as simple as anything and has never let me down yet.

The rest of yesterday was spent watching old episodes of Escape to the Country and Homes under the Hammer whenever I wasn't sleeping - so I didn't really see very much at all.  In the evening they were showing back to backs of that Professor Brian Cox science series, most of which, even at its obviously very simplified level, went either right over my head or in one ear and out the other, but it was interesting all the same.
I did remember one thing.  Gravity is not a force.  Can't remember what he said it was because I didn't understand it so I Googled it and it seems that it results from the warping of space and time by the object itself.  Sounds very Star Trekky to me.  So the National Curriculum is wrong and Spock is right - yay!!!

Five minutes up, saucer of potential jam is now chilling in the fridge!

And it's still ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment