Sunday 22 July 2012

Sunday

Second day in and I'm still feeling achey and lethargic, but getting more relaxed and laid back by the hour.  Yesterday was a strange day in that I must have spent as much time asleep as awake.  I slept in the morning and then again in the afternoon, the latter a long sleep that involved a dream about feeling so tired I couldn't open my eyes and kept having dreams about it.  Dreaming about dreaming is weird!

Between times I did a few things.  The orange curd for starters, which produced a gentle, warm flavoured softness, delicious on scones or sandwiching a sponge cake.  I had a go at making cottage cheese which was a doddle, even though I misread the instructions and added too much lemon juice, silly me.  It seems very nice - soft curds, smaller than the shop bought variety and with a very subtle flavour.  I will see how the residual whey works in some soda bread although it seems so thin and 'weak', I'm not so sure.  Buttermilk, which I usually use, has more substance to it, but waste not, want not.  I ought to google for some recipes because there's a lot of whey.

I found a reasonably priced maslin pan on Amazon and bought it.  I've been promising myself one for absolutely ages and now I have one!  After I had bought it I remembered that if I had entered Amazon via the Nectar site, I'd have got points on the purchase.  Darn it!!!

Today?  Well, DD and DG come to lunch and I'm making pizza.  I cheated and bought the bases this time, but it will still taste good enough.  With that we will have salad and I have some old bread that isn't soft any more so I will make some garlic bread by spreading over garlic butter and then toasting.  Dessert will be cake if I get round to making it, apples if I don't. 
If I can get my act together, I may go strawberry picking or I may go to Lakeland.  We will see . . .

And now I have some cottage cheese for breakfast.  I think I will have it with melon, assuming the melon hasn't gone over.  Cottage cheese goes well with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment