Thursday 26 July 2012

Thursday morning

. . . and I gather it's going to be another very hot day today.  I'm quite pleased that there seems to be nothing in the diary so I can take it easy at the hottest times, so thankful I'm not sweltering in the classroom at the moment and even gladder for my colleagues out in the flat roofed demountable classrooms.  I did two years over in them and it was a nightmare when the weather was hot.  I remember when there was a fire in town and there was concern about a 'toxic cloud' heading our way.  We were all told to stay inside with all the doors and windows closed on one of the hottest days of the summer term.  Never again!!!  Now, I'd take the class over to the main school and into the hall (which now has air conditioning) and we'd watch some DVDs.  The parents came to collect the children, the toxic whatever didn't materialise and I suppose you could say I had a free sauna!  Ah, fond memories!!!!!

I bought a load of milk yesterday so need to peruse my cheese book and see what I fancy making.  I could make the cottage cheese.  That looks very easy and I would eat it up fast enough.  I have my eye on the feta, but it's the most complicated recipe in the book so I will be patient.  I wonder if Diane has had more success with the mozzarella yet.  And can I remember how my digital thermometer works?  Good question.

After I got the gazebo up yesterday - all on my own (yay for Girl Power) - I spoilt myself.
I took out a TV dinner table
I took out my comfortable padded recliner
I took out a snack
I took out my rubbish magazines
I took out some chilled white stuff
I took out the fan and connected it to the outside socket.
I sat down, reclined and - went to sleep!
(all under the gazebo, of course)
And I snored fit to waken the dead.  I even woke myself snoring!!  I blame the cold (virus, not temperature) and I hate to think what the neighbours thought but never mind.  If you can't snore a bit (lot) at my age it's a poor show!  ;0)

So - today.  Well, there's a pile of washing and an even bigger pile of ironing which, if I do it today, I will have to start fairly soon, before it gets too hot for comfort.  The kitchen is still rather a tip so I will need to sort that.  Dinner will just be a light salad and some strawberries and yogurt, I think, so easily made.  No idea about dinner but I do have some salmon and that takes next to no time to poach or bake.

And now I must have my bath, get dressed and put things out for the refuse collection.  I wonder if they will bring my new brown bin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment