Tuesday 31 July 2012

Tuesday

Today will be a day of little things, just like yesterday, ending up with a not so little having-friends-around-for-a-meal!

I got a fair bit yesterday in between watching the Olympics.  The car is now booked in for its service and MOT.  Not today, unfortunately: they couldn't take it until Thursday, but not to worry, I just won't drive it tomorrow and I believe it is legal to drive it to the garage on Thursday.  I picked up my parcel (which was the perfume) but had a mildly embarrassing experience as I did so.  It's ages since I went to the main parcel office in town and I didn't realise that it has changed.  You used to be able to drive right in, find a parking slot and then pick up your parcel.  Not now, oh dear me, no.  They've created a little car park (without any large notice to say what it is) just before you get to the entrance.  Of course, I didn't see it, drove merrily up to the entrance to find that there was a barrier.  Couldn't reverse because there were five or six post vans behind me, all glaring at me (the drivers, I mean, not the vans) so I buzzed and was let in.  After giving me my parcel, a very polite post chap gave me a gentle ticking off so I explained that it had all changed, I hadn't known, there are no large signs to warn until you're committed to going in and I couldn't reverse out again.  All very amicable with a line of people behind me chuckling and one said 'I did that too, the first time', which was very nice of him.

Back home I made the dessert for tonight and then started doing a bit of tidying up which will continue today.  I also need to remove the protective dust cover from the furniture and scrape the mould off the carpet!  My desk could do with a tidy up as well.  And I have a chicken basque to make.  I think I will cook it in advance and then warm it up before we need to eat.  I also think I will create a spicy tomato sauce to go with it, as it is a one pot and is rice based, so might possibly be a bit on the dry side.

Better get started then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment