Wednesday 1 August 2012

Wednesday morning

This will be very brief as I am quite bleary eyed after last night and can't get my thoughts together. 

It was jolly nice to come down to a clean and tidy living room this morning.  Must try to do this more often.  Mind you, the same can't be said for the kitchen.  It's not dreadful (my version of dreadful, anyway) but it is certainly not tidy at the moment.  However, I don't expect I will be spending much time in there today.  I need to tidy, put some yogurt on and also start off a loaf but I can't do the latter until later as I am out for lunch but that's about it, apart from making tea or coffee.  As I'm out for lunch, I won't need a big evening meal and I have a portion of the rice from yesterday evening to heat up.  I must say it was absolutely delicious - Delia wins again.  And I should say it will be easily cut down to a single portion which I can cook in my hob to oven casserole.  There's a bit of work to start with and then the whole kit and caboodle goes into the over and you don't need to touch it until it is cooked over an hour later.  I should think it would also be easy to ring the changes with flavour: make it more fruity, more spicy, more curryish . . . plenty of variation there.

Goodness, I'm tired.  I might even do the unthinkable and go back to bed for a while.  My eyes keep closing!   Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment