Monday 10 September 2012

Monday morning

. . . and it's back to school after a lovely weekend doing something that I really enjoy - cooking stuff.  Only five days until the next weekend!

First of all, I followed through on my bright idea of little pots of take away style Chinese and Indian meals and re-potted one of the single portions of korma and sweet and sour that were waiting to go into the freezer into three little pots of each.  I found (or rather, it was handed to me on a blog plate) a recipe for a chunky green lentil dahl which I halved and made up (VERY generous portions) so that's more little pots.  I need one more Indian and two more Chinese-y recipes to make up and then I have three different mini-meals to put together.

I remembered that I have called a meeting today so when I made the oat cookies I baked some of them and froze the remainder in single cookie shapes, ready to bake from frozen when needed.  The baked ones, together with a few home made ginger nuts, will make a nice munchy plateful for my colleagues to lighten the load.

The tortilla pizza I made for dinner went down a treat.  It was really nice.  I had dry fried some onion, red pepper and mushroom, I spread some tomato puree over the wrap (a small one), then added the veg, topped with some halved cherry tomatoes, some very thin slices of chorizo and a little finely sliced Parmesan.  Salt and pepper, of course and in a medium oven for about 15 mins, maybe a little less - I wasn't counting.  The tortilla had crisped up and the topping was scrummy.  Most satisfying!

So it's back to school now.  All is ready, I have the comfortable feeling that I left everything neat and tidy and that there will be no nasty surprises waiting when I get there.  PPA for an hour and no playground duty today.  Good-oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment