Friday 14 September 2012

Friday morning

Well, I made the lamb curry last night.  It's not for eating right now but for freezing so I can't make comment with any personal authority but the little nibble I had seemed to indicate that it was perhaps a little too hot for my taste but really quite tasty and I can add a bit of yogurt to cool it down.  As always, I added extra veg!  Not authentic, but it makes up for the lack of rice.  I have a nice little collection of titchpot curries in the freezer now, so I can have my first Fakeaway (that's that the Hairy Bikers call it) tomorrow evening.  A trio of curries.  Sounds good, doesn't it?  Now I need to build up my Chinese titchpots too.

Aren't we having a wonderful Indian summer.  The mornings and evenings are chilly, true, and getting darker by the day, but during the day it is just wonderful.  I love the way the children come in after play smelling of sunshine and glowing with health and happiness.  I love that we can have the door and windows open.  I love watching the clouds scudding across the sky playing 'catch me' with each other.  Everyone is more cheerful when the sun shines.

And today is Friday.  SEN day.  Last day of the school week.  I have a long list of things to do today and it will be good to get them crossed off, that's for sure.
And then it's the weekend.  A planning free weekend too.  Lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment