Tuesday 19 March 2013

Tuesday

Yesterday morning I made the discovery that Thermione makes perfectly boiled eggs.  Yesterday evening I discovered that she also makes perfectly steamed rice.  Is there anything she cannot do?

I had the rice with some of the chicken in a spicy mango sauce that I made over the weekend.  As it happened, it ended up as mango, red pepper, baby corn and mushroom in a . . . . and very tasty it was too.  I'm glad there was enough left over for today's school lunch and even more that there are a couple more large portions in the freezer.

Yesterday was a bit of a slog.  We have family assembly on Wednesday.  Our family assembly, I mean.  So a lot of the day was spent sorting out what we're going to do.  That, plus violin lesson (exams today) and two Word Workshops was about it really.  I shall be glad when Wednesday is over, I really will.

It's going to be a long day.  Children coming and going all morning (because of the violin exams), no assembly (because of the violin exams) and endless rehearsals (because of Family Assembly).  And to cap it all, a meeting after school.  How delightful!  Still, just eight days to go - only eight!

Whenever I'm watching a cooker programme like Great British Menu nowadays, I play 'Spot the Tmx'.  It's surprising how many of them one can see, when one knows what one is looking for!  I didn't see one in 'Bread', the new Paul Hollywood programme although I did see some amazing breads being made.  I doubt he would tolerate one anywhere near his bread.  Did you watch it?   I covet the book like crazy now and seeing as I have a birthday coming up soon . . .  (hint, hint, dear family members who might be reading this!)

Better go and think about breakfast.  Enjoy the day!






2 comments:

  1. You should be able to get the recipes from the web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never though of that - thanks!!!

    J x

    ReplyDelete