Thursday 30 May 2013

Thursday: and a big challenge

Good morning!  As I always start with the weather I will just note that it is wet and miserable and the heating has come on - so no change there!  On Saturday it will be June.  Flaming June.  Maybe there will be a magical turn about and the sun will suddenly realise his responsibilities and get shining!  You never know!

Yesterday was the day I felt well again.  Yay!  The cramps and sicky feelings have gone and things all seem back to normal.  So today I am due at a friends for coffee and I can go without any worries.  Excellent!

I got a phone call from Beth yesterday.  Would I do five days of Living Below The Line with her.  Eeeeeek!  For those who don't know, it is a project whereby people spend just one pound a day on food - all food and drink - that they consume.  It's a bit more complicated than that because you also have to cost in  whole bags of stuff that you buy, whether you use all of it or not and no day's eating must come to more than one pound.  You can buy for the week - that's five pounds for a weekly shop - and you can use seasonings and herbs that you already have if you cost in what you've used (bit of guesswork there, I am sure).  You can also use garden produce as long as you cost in whatever they cost in the growing thereof (which is, in our case, not a lot).

So, after a few eeeks and oooh and a private whinge or two (because I had already decided I wouldn't get involved in this) I agreed to team up with her.  One reason for not wanting to was that I really didn't want to do it on my own.  Doing it with someone else makes it all a whole lot easier for various reasons.

Anyway, enough of that.  I'm, sure I will have bored the socks off you before it's all over, both in here and over on Teacher's Recipes where I will be updating daily and where I will have my very first guest blogger!   All together now . . . Oooooohhhhhhhh!  :-)

The main point of it all is to get sponsors, of course, and Beth and I are asking people to consider sponsoring us for this.  We are supporting The Hunger Project and I will copy their blurb into a separate message.  If you would be so kind as to support us, the information and wherewithal to donate is over on our bit of the LBTL web site.  Just follow the link, which is also on my Facebook page, for those who have access to it.

https://www.livebelowtheline.com/team/beth-and-joy?lang=en
(see - nice and big so you can't miss it!!!)

Thank you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment