Saturday 25 January 2014

Saturday: the best laid plans . . .

Well, in my last message I anticipated a day's hard work reducing the pile of SEN things that Needed Doing!  Unfortunately and without going into too much detail, I had to take my class all day so no SEN stuff got done.

That's the flip side.

However, never let it be said that my school is unfair - on Friday evening they were doing their best to get cover for me on Monday and Tuesday to make up.  OK, so Tuesday is my PPA and my coordinator time anyway but that's not the point.  The point is that the school is doing its best to make up the lost time and I think that's brilliant.

The problem was that we needed supply cover and there was none to be had, not anywhere either from our own personal list or from the various agencies we use.  I wonder if other schools are also feeling the effects of the norovirus.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

The plus was that I got to have my lovely class again, all day.  I have never had them on a Friday.  It was lovely!

And today and tomorrow are rest days.  The planning is all done and dusted, most of the resources are made and I can have some me time.  Alex is coming over for the day and I shall really enjoy that.  Thank goodness for weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment