Sunday 12 October 2014

Sunday.

Good morning, everyone.  It's a bit of a dark, gloomy morning although there are signs that the sun is trying to break through, which would be nice.  I don't think the forecast is too encouraging at the moment though.

The poetry thing was interesting last night.  I have to admit, I thought Beth's poem stood its own against the other five winners and some.  But then I'm rather biased, I expect.

When I was ill last week, I bought a bag of soup vegetable mix from Morrisons.  The fresh veg kind, not the kind with pulses and pearl barley.  It was actually a fairly traditional mix of chopped carrot, leek, celery and swede and great value if you consider that to make it from component vegetables would cost a lot more and one wouild have to be sure of using up the rest of the veg (which I wasn't).

It needed using up so I made a lentil and veg soup this morning that has turned out so easy and so delicious I have blogged about it on my recipe blog.  I've got about a third of the soup mix left plus some sweet potato and some butter beans so will make another soup with that.

I shall pop to Morrison's this morning for some bits and pieces and then the rest of the day will be an inside job again.  I can say in here because I am confident the person concerned doesn't know about this blog - on Tuesday we are having a baby shower (which she knows about) and I found a cute downloadable pattern for some little bootees.  I've made two pairs and want to make one more pair to make a nice little set.  If I have time I will then make a wee beanie hat in the same colours to go with them.  So knitting is on the agenda.

I've also ordered wool to make a little teddy bear all in one, but that will be a gift after baby is born and can be my half term project.  The bootees have been made using a bit of my considerable stash of yarn.

Better go and have my bath and get dressed as Morrison's opens at ten.  Have a good Sunday.

And I can see sun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment