Monday 17 November 2014

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a new week but the weather is far too old and predictable.  It's still raining out there as I discovered when I went out to get the soup for lunch from the freezer.  The forecast for the week isn't too bad but I think it is safe to say that playtime will be damp and soggy.

Yesterday was a good day.  I didn't do an awful lot but it was relaxing and restful.  I had a good chat with Beth over lunch about all sorts of things which helped to clear my mind.  I continued on with a scarf I am knitting, I did some washing, I read, watched telly, social networked and generally chilled out.

When I was in Poundland on Saturday I saw they had some yarn for sale, three balls for the price of two.  When you consider that each ball is just £1.00, that seems great value, so I stopped and investigated.The outcome was that I bought six balls (for £4.00) and am using it to knit a scarf and, possibly, a hat for the cold weather.  It is a dark blue with a metallic blue thread running through and it actually looks really nice.
I've 'invented' (not really, but I didn't look it up or anything) the pattern which is basically an over and under cable design and, to my delight, the 'wrong' side looks pretty good too, so that's a bonus.

I also managed to get from the same place the three prizes for the Christmas Tree decoration competition.  Just because I am in Y2 now, I don't see why it should stop.  Must remember to get the instructions out soon.

Better go and do some tidying up in the kitchen now.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment