Thursday 1 January 2015

Thursday: New Year's Day

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

There's no frost this morning and, my goodness, you can feel the difference too.  There's no chill in the indoors air, I haven't rushed to notch up the early morning heating and I'm quite comfortable sitting here.  I know it's going to chill off in a few days' time but it's nice to have a bit of respite, isn't it?

Yesterday I didn't do an awful lot.  Well, in a way I did but nothing useful, none of the tasks I had planned to do.
I went round for coffee with a friend and we talked about some arrangements for next term while I oooohed and aaaahed over her little baby girl.
Then I picked Beth up and took her to her pet shop to get some bags of cat litter.  Well, that was the idea anyway but you should have seen the queues leading into the retail park.  Shocking.  So we just went round the roundabout and headed to Tesco instead.  She bought some there that she thinks the cats will be OK with and fingers crossed that they are because it's cheaper!

When I got home I sat down and - yes, you've got it - went to sleep.  It seems a natural enough thing to do in the early afternoon.

One way and another I didn't get all the tasks done that I needed to do so they're on today's list.  I need to stop being lazy, I really do!  So today is all planned out and the sooner I start, the sooner I will finish.

Better make breakfast and get going then.
Have a great first day of the new year!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a snooze in the afternoon it doesn't have to be for very long but it gives you a new lease of life. It is much warmer here today and as you say you can really feel the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much milder, for sure.
    I shall miss my snoozes next week!
    J x

    ReplyDelete