Thursday 19 February 2015

Friday

Good morning yet again!    It seems quite mild this morning and it is very wet outside.  Nice and warm inside though!

I had a lovely day yesterday but, my goodness, it was very dull and gloomy.  Rain, rain and more rain and, as a result, it felt colder than it really was.

First of all I finished repairing the skirt, wore it and felt perfectly safe!  As I - er - reduce in width, I can tighten the elastic, if needed.  Well worth the effort.

While thinking of width, I used the new scales and let's just say it was better than I feared but a lot, lot worse than it should be.  Fingers crossed I can stick at it this time.

I went over to a friend's for lunch and we had a great gossip session and a delicious lunch.  Thanks, J.  I enjoyed the drive too.

Finally, I managed to stay awake long enough to watch Sewing Bee.  I love that programme.  It was all about vintage clothes, specifically from the 1950s, with a focus on the New Look.  They produced some gorgeous clothes and great ideas.  I loved that they had to use old Singer machines for two of the challenges - I first learnt on one of those as a child.

Today I go shopping and I hope Beth is coming round.  Apart from that there's very little planned.  Just right for the last day of the half term bread (weekends don't count).

That's about it really.  Now for another coffee before going over the final shopping list!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday despite the weather. Good to hear that you enjoyed driving, too, you have a lovely car. :o)
    It seems to have dried out overnight here a bit, so here's hoping we are in for a sunny day today.
    Have a great day. :o) S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be lovely, wouldn't it? Fingers crossed.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much colder here, car windscreen frosted over had to be scraped before going anywhere. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr - that sounds very chilly indeed. It's been dull here all day but no rain as far as I am aware.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new banner, Joy - beautiful roses, I think I might recognise those. :o)
    Hope you have had a lovely day. It stayed dry here today, but is clouding over now. S. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you might recognise them too. :-) They were simply lovely!
    J x

    ReplyDelete