Sunday 29 March 2015

A frugal idea: will it work?

I have some breakfast porridge left over.  Normally I'd throw it away but with my head full of Breadline, frugality, etc, and because I recently read several recipes about using left over porridge to make a sort of pancake, I though I would try this for either breakfast tomorrow or tea tonight.

What you do is just pat out the cold porridge on a very floured surface and cut out circles or (what I will do) mould lumps into thin patties.  Then fry them.  That's it really

So - if I fry them using some of the leftover bacon fat from yesterday and then top them with a poached or fried egg, that should make a scrummy and pretty frugal breakfast!
Alternatively, I could cook some bacon instead of the egg and have it on top of the pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup and yogurt.

What do you think?  Have any of my gentle readers done anything like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment