Wednesday 22 April 2015

Breadline 22-4-15

Already spent:  £41.07
Still to spend:  £18.93

Today's menu
Breakfast:  granola (4p), pineapple (6p), yogurt (paid), apple juice
Lunch:  beans (12p) on toast (paid), fruit (paid)
Dinner: turkey apple and sage meatballs (53p), pasta (5p), grated cheese (paid), natural yogurt,

Spent so far today  80p


I've been thinking of the advantages of doing all this and there are several.

In no particular order:
1.  I've made some new 'friends'.  I put friends in inverted commas because it's all online so carries a different meaning, but nevertheless, well worth having.

2.  I'm eating better - by that, I mean what I put in my mouth may be more frugal but it is also healthier.  It's way to easy to trough through extra rubbish when one is not accounting for every penny.  I'm very much more aware of what goes into my mouth and the weight is slowly dropping off.

3.  Frugal hasn't equalled junk, it has equalled home made stuff.  I love home cooking, as readers may have guessed.  This way I am indulging my hobby in creative (not fancy) ways which I am finding very satisfying.

4.  I'm slowly working my way through the freezer.  It's amazing how old things can be and still be good.  Thank goodness for freezers although I have to say it is ridiculous - one woman and two freezers!

5.  I'm saving money, of course.  That should go without saying.  With what I am saving this month I have sponsored several friends for doing what I haven't done this year which is Live Below the Line.  I think I am still quids in.  Can't complain.

3.  The need to plan (and one does have to plan, a haphazard approach just doesn't work) really focuses the mind.  Once the day is set and the stuff is ready, I don't have to think about it any more.  For example, today the granola is weighed out, the lunch is ready and in my lunch bag, the meat balls are out of the freezer and in the fridge and all I have to do is weigh out the pasta and that's it, done for the day.  Works for me!

I'm sure there are others but at this time of the morning I can't think of any!  Thanks for listening to a ramble!

No comments:

Post a Comment