Tuesday 26 May 2015

Tuesday

Good morning, gentle readers.  Welcome to a slightly dull but brightening up morning that is not cold but not warm either.  I'm losing count of the days this week and had to check before entering today's title!!  I wonder if I will be like that in September.  I hope not!

Yesterday was one of those nice but nothing days.  I did work, I did sewing, I read, I snoozed, I watched telly and finally I went to bed.  Nice but nothing!

Today looks like more of the same.  I was going to have lunch with a friend but her little lad is unwell so I'm not going now - we will reschedule.  Disappointing but sensible.

I'm practising making quilted pot holders.  It is all very mathematical and I have made loads of errors but I guess that's how one learns.  It's a good way of using up scraps and I have some heat resistant wadding so I will stick at it until I have learnt all the lessons and can produce something as perfect as possible (including those perishing mitred corners which never seem to fit just right!).  It's all very mathematically accurate and one mistake has quite a knock on effect.  I know some of you are quilters and are probably chuckling in a kindly way at all this, but I bet you understand!

Once I have sorted it all out I can make some place mats for myself.

The other thing I need to do is prepare for next month's breadline - a sort of stock take of what I will have left, what I need to get in and so on.
However, I'm not sure whether I ought to keep posting about it in here.  The accountability has certainly helped me but I don't want to bore the socks off everyone and I've been posting about it for nearly two months now..  On the other hand, I enjoy reading the blogs of others who post similar things and maybe you do too.

I know I have a number of readers (followers and not-followers) who don't ever comment but I'd appreciate your opinion this once, if you could.  What do you think about it?

4 comments:

  1. Allowing yourself r & r is what half terms are for; relax and unwind. Treat yourself to some 'me' time before the next onslaught. I'm attempting to sort thro' years of OU paperwork, shredding some and putting the rest to be recycled. Think it's going to be a long job. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, yes, it certainly is going to be a long job! Good luck with it and I hope there are plenty of good memories as you do it all.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading the Breadline posts and being impressed at how well you're doing, so unless you're sick of them I'm happy to carry on reading ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as your comment is the only one relating to this and 'silence is golden', I will! Thanks for letting me know, Chrissie. I enjoy reading yours too, very much.
    J x

    ReplyDelete