Sunday 5 July 2015

Sunday

Good morning, everyone!  I hope it is as pleasant down your way as it is here.  The sun isn't up yet, of course, and cool, fresh air is flooding into the house though all the open windows.  I guess it will get pretty hot later on but just not I am really enjoying the freshness.

Yesterday morning, with some help from my young gardener, I shifted a pile of pots into the garage and now the corners of the garden look a lot better.  Not perfect, just a lot better.  Following on from yesterday's garden post, I now definitely have some mini tomatoes and look forward to watching them grow over the next few weeks.  I always do my tomato feeding on Sundays so they will be getting nourished this morning when I do the morning watering.  That's about it on the food front in the garden  as the strawberries are about over now.  They're sending out runners which I am doing my best to control although it's all a bit random and erratic, silly plants!!!

As well as that, in the morning I made two loads of bread and I find that I am now more or less out of bread flour so I shall pop down to Aldi for ten.  I also need more deodorant and a few other bits and bobs I get from there so it will be worth the trip.  While I'm planning cheg for lunch, I shall see if they have anything vegetarian and nice for lunch this hot day.

I pottered around and did some patchworking although I couldn't start the actual quilting because we've run out of wadding.  I feel an Amazon order is coming on here when Beth comes round later on.  I'm having a go at making dolls' bedding - a little quilt, a pillow and a pillow case, just like real ones only smaller.  I will post a photo later on.when they are finished.

A shame I didn't do the marking which will now have to be done today.  Boring!

Breadline:
Breakfast:  Toast and jam, fruit
Dinner:  Cheg and salad, ice cream (perhaps, depending on shopping at Aldi)
Tea:  No idea, I will rootle into the freezer later on and see what I can find.

I'm drinking plenty of water in this very hot weather and it helps considerably.  There's a jug of water chilling in the fridge and I have two large glass bottles also filled with water and chilling.  Staying hydrated is essential for health and I am so aware that we are the privileged ones of this world who can turn on that tap and chill that water without thinking about it at all.

Well, all this pondering won't buy the baby a new bonnet, as the saying goes, so I had better shut up and start doing the necessaries.  Have a great Sunday!




9 comments:

  1. I too am off to Aldi in the pouring rain!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just come back (in the pouring rain too). So lovely to feel cool and chilled.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard that expression in years. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard that expression in years. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a goody, isn't it, Gill?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marking is tedious, and it often made me wonder 'why bother'. Something I am sure you'll be glad when it is no longer part of 'life'. I'm feeling happy here because at long last we are having some proper rain. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a number of things I won't miss. Marking is definitely up there in the top five!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm going to have to search your blog for this 'cheg'.
    Already been and commented on your recipe blog x hello from Tracey's blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's in the recipe blog, I think.
    Welcome to my blogsel, Rach, thanks for reading. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete