Thursday 7 January 2016

Thursday


Hello, gentle readers.  Welcome to a rather chilly morning here in lovely Essex.  No school this morning, I didn't HAVE to get up, so why did I wake at around four?  It must be one of those Murphy's Law thingies - when you have to wake early you can't and when you don't, you bounce out of bed full of the joys!  Occasionally I find it annoying, mostly it's just a shrug of the shoulders and lets get on with it!

Yesterday was lovely.  I had a good time teaching Y2 music and then I had my last year's class after play.  They hadn't been told it was me and a rather embarrassing cheer went up as I opened the door to let them in from play.  Nice though!
What was also nice was shutting up shop at 12:15, filling in my time sheet, clearing away and coming home!  No marking, which was lucky.

So what did I do in the afternoon?  Slept, that's what I did.  I'm glad I did because I was able to stay awake to watch 'Trust me, I'm a doctor'.  However I watched about fifteen minutes, switched off and went up.  Maybe I just wasn't that receptive yesterday but it seemed so dull.  I'll try it again this morning on iPlayer.

This morning I am staying in to get the house ready for guests.  This afternoon I will be nanny helping at school.  So quite a full day!

Food:  When I got home yesterday I was so tired that although I had got food out of the freezer, I didn't eat much.  I think I'm still a bit post-virus-y and last week really messed up my routines.  So today I have food to eat or chuck.
B:  Scrambled egg on toast, pear
L:  Chinese takeaway leftovers, satsuma
T:  Sweet potato and lentil soup, bread, yogurt and pineapple

Well, it is not past six so I think first coffee is in order, followed by second coffee and breakfast.  Better get started.  Enjoy your day and stay warm in this increasingly cold weather!





2 comments:

  1. Chinese takeaway leftovers have to be The. Best. Thing. In. The. World. To. Eat. Ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are. They're lovely. I swear the flavour develops in the freezer!
    J x

    ReplyDelete