Monday 29 February 2016

Monday

Here we are at the start of a new week and the end of a month.  It's very cold outside and there's quite a heavy frost, I'm up not too early and the coffee tastes wonderful.  Bliss.

Well, first things first - the third attempt at a sourdough loaf crashed and burned - well, it didn't burn but it was a dismal failure.  To comfort myself, I set to and made my weekly four little loaves for my customers which turned out very nicely indeed.  I shall have another sourdough go today as I have been asking some questions and received some answers and a friend (thanks, Rachel) has given me her recipe for a spelt loaf which I want to try, also today.  I still haven't made the crackers and I have a recipe for sourdough English muffins which I have, simple HAVE to try at some point soon.

The weather was pretty pleasant yesterday so I got two loads of washing pegged out on the line in the sun and a fresh breeze.  I love the smell of washing that has been line dried - so fresh and clean.  I think it irons better too.  I'm not sure whether I will be able to do the same today.  The sky is quite pink and that usually means bad weather is on its way.  Tine will tell!

Beth came round for lunch and then, as I expected, we settled down to getting on with the Tonk sock cats.  It takes longer than you would imagine to stuff them but we got there.  Beth has taken the heads home to sew on the faces and then we're nearly there.

Today is housework and baking day.  I have no other commitments and there are various things that do need doing so I may as well set to and get it all done.  I have to pop to Aldi with a list of mainly non-food items too.

Today's food:
B:  toast and marmite, fruit yogurt
L:  home made soup, apple
D:  burger, fries, coleslaw, fruit

Better get going then.

3 comments:

  1. I too am on housework and cooking today - I restocked my cleaning products yesterday so no excuse!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, isn't it? So far I have done some shopping!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the loaf worked! I didn't do one today but I'm on it the morra X

    ReplyDelete