Tuesday 1 March 2016

Tuesday

Phew.  So sorry about the brief message about oversleeping (which I have now removed).  I hardly ever oversleep so wasn't aware of how late it was getting and I was due to go into school to hear readers, hence the rush.

Anyway, I am home now and it is a dull and dismal day with a wet playtime and noisy children.  As a nanny helper I wasn't expected to do anything about it, thank goodness!!

I know it's late but pinch and punch for the first of the month and happy St David's Day to all my readers.

Yesterday was a pleasant enough day, sunny and getting warmer.  I think I am getting a bit better at the sourdough bread - at least, yesterday's effort seemed better (it could hardly be worse than Sunday's offering which ended up in the bin).  I looked up about 'feeding the starter' and 'hydration' and 'adjusting the recipe' and ended up getting very mathematical but it seemed to work.  I'm having trouble slashing deep enough though so I think I might just have to invest in a lame, a dough slashing thingy.  Will it never stop?  

After a morning in school today, I intend to have a nice easy lunch and then decide which bit of my home needs tidying most urgently.  I have the new Delicious' magazine to tide me over and the telly might provide some background entertainment, you never know.

When I got home there was a note to say that a parcel had been left next door.  I think it is my bannetons.  However, J seems to be out at the moment so I will have to possess my soul in patience for a while.  However, I think it is safe to say that there will be more sourdough on the make tomorrow.

Today's food
B:  Poached egg on toast (I seem to be having this a lot but I have eggs to use up and delicious bread so I can't lose really!
L:  baked breaded plaice (reduced in Morrisons and I suddenly craved it!).
D:  chicken and sweet potato korma.  Loads of veg in the curry so no rice needed.

I think lunch is ready so I'd better go.  Hopefully my time keeping will be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Those lames look fierce!! How about a craft knife? I use one for slashing the pork crackling as I found ordinary knives just not up to the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a craft knife but it's used for crafts (!) so I'd rather keep it away from food.
    I have ordered a few lames and am hoping that they will do the trick.
    J x

    ReplyDelete