Friday 6 May 2016

Friday - yet again!

I came down this morning, drew the curtains and opened the French window and it's lovely outside.  A bit on the chilly side yet (so the door got closed pretty quickly) but it's going to be another really lovely day, you can tell.  I gather it is set to continue through the weekend too, with possible storms.

I had a gently busy day yesterday with three loads of washing washed and dried (but not ironed - that's this evening's job) and downstairs looking remarkably tidy, given that there's a load of crafty stuff there.  I went and voted (police thingybob only).  No sneezing because I had taken a tablet but when I opened the back door it all came back so that settles it; the hay fever has landed, somewhat earlier than usual.

Yesterday I baked chocolate cake and fruit muffins for the meeting.  As often happens, when you want things to bake really well they don't.  The chocolate cake didn't rise much and the muffins went a bit funny on top.  However, they tasted wonderful which is what it is all about and I'm glad that I have leftovers to freeze for treats in the next little while.
This is what it's supposed to look like, courtesy of Google.  Mine looks similar but not so risen.  It's still delicious and not all that 'solid' and I blame the wrong size of loaf tin.  I have now ordered some seven inch tins because I couldn't find mine anywhere and will want to make this cake again because it is delicious.  You can find the recipe here
Does anyone here watch the Hair Bikers' programme about pubs?  I have rather a soft spot for Dave and Si so make it a daily date when I can!  It is on BBC2 at 6:30 each evening and yesterday's was fascinating - all about London pubs and the Great Fire of London.  I hope some of our year twos were watching as they really enjoy the history theme they do on the same subject (great fire, not pubs!).

I didn't sit out in the garden because by the time I was ready there wasn't long to go before people were due to arrive and I wanted to hear the bell.  It's only just occurred to me that my door bell is a cordless affair with an extension that I can take around the house with me, if necessary, which includes out in the garden.  Must remember that for future lazinesses.

Today Beth is coming round and we are preparing for a Very Important Day on Sunday.  I also have the cleaners round at some point.  How to reconcile the two is the challenge of the day!

The other challenge is to sort out my fridge which is, frankly, looking like a dog's dinner.  I need to take everything out, check dates and so on, wipe over the shelves and . . . oh the whole kit and caboodle, in fact.  It's bothering me every time I open that fridge door.

Today's food:
B:  fruit, I think.
L:  depends what I find lurking in the fridge
D:  a chicken dish of some kind but, again, it depends what's in the fridge.

But first, coffee and a trawl around my social places.  What a civilised start to the day, don't you think?


1 comment:

  1. To conclude, at present, there are Coach Outlet Store few solid leads about improving obesity Ray Ban Outlet management, although reminder systems, brief training interventions, shared care, Coach Outlet inpatient care and dietitian led treatments may all be worth further investigation. Therefore, decisions for the improvement of provision of services must be based on the existing Ray Ban Glasses evidence on interventions with patients and good clinical judgement. Further research is needed to identify cost effective strategies for improving the management of obesity.

    This is critical. Gr8 to see Coach Handbags Clearance the Repo rate cut by 40 Bps to 4% for extending Yeezy Discount the moratorium. Now we need a one time restructuring of loans for seriously impacted sectors. AbstractBackground: UK government policy views collaboration with outstanding schools as a way of helping apparently less successful schools to close the attainment gap. However, there has been little debate about criteria for defning a school's success or failure. Moreover New Jordan Shoes 2020 it is unclear which aspects of outstanding Yeezy Boost 350 schools could readily transfer to other schools.

    ReplyDelete