Saturday 7 May 2016

Saturday

Good morning.  The sun is starting to shine here and it's looking promising for another great day.  Yesterday turned out lovely and it was great to have both sets of French windows wide open to freshen the air and allow the wasps in!

The cleaners came earlier than expected while Beth was here and we were busy wrapping presents but we confined the mess to the table and they worked round us before we went into the garden to plant the baby corn seeds Beth had bought with her.  So now we have runner and borlotti beans, baby corn and yellow courgettes.  The last three are destined for the allotment while the runners will go in my garden and grow up the arches that go from bed to bed.  They do look nice come the summer.

I noticed that something has nibbled the delphinium shoot that was just emerging - a snail most likely as the garden is plagued with them, so I got my own back with some pellets (of the bio kind).  I'm hoping that will deter them for a while (nothing works all summer) and that the plant will send up another shoot.  All the other stuff newly planted is holding its own and showing signs of growth.

I was very lazy in the afternoon, sleeping for over an hour (why? no idea!) and getting on with my virus shawl.  I'm now on the fourth ball and it's nearly big enough, I think.  The thing about these shawls is that you just keep going until it is the size you want.  I must go back to youtube (where I found the pattern) to see if here's anything I have to do to finish off.

Today is shopping day (I shall go early) and then I need to make sure I have everything necessary for tomorrow because tomorrow Alex will be 18.  It's just before exams so we're not throwing a party: we will have a family celebration in July.  We're just having a buffet lunch with things Alex has asked for and Beth had done a great range of gifts, one for each of his years, typifying that particular year.  It's going to be great!

In the afternoon I am making cup cakes (instead of a big birthday cake) and then, after her tutorial, Beth is coming to get everything set up.  I don't have much to do in the way of housework as the place has been cleaned and tidies two days running.

Today's food
B:  toast and marmite, apple
L:  tuna salad, yogurt
D:  not entirely sure yet.  I need to see what the freezer can throw at me.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great day X it's got sunny and nicely breezy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite hot here and the breeze has died down. I don't have a lot to do so I shall rest and relax for a while.
    Have a lovely day yourself too. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete