Wednesday 21 December 2016

Wednesday

Morning, everyone.  Things are getting close now, aren't they. Four days and then the so-called biggie.  I'm amazed at how laid back I feel about it all.  After all, it is only a roast dinner with bells on.  The rest is family fun and that is never a problem.

So why, why, why am I awake at this unearthly time of the day?  There's nothing on my mind.  Everything is under control.  Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh

This morning the cleaners come.  After that it will just be dusting and a bit of sweeping.  Even the windows will be washed.  The food is under control and the shopping list is sitting beside me, ready for any last minute additions.  The beds are made.  The decorations, such as they are, are done.  What could possibly go wrong (don't answer that one, please)

This afternoon I am off to Carols by Candlelight at school and then I suspect it will be alcohol and a Christmas DVD in the evening.  I may no longer have 'terms' but that doesn't mean I can't celebrate with those who do, does it?

I'm going traditional carols for the last few days.  Today is one of my favourites, originally a plainchant type thingy (see how technical I can be).  There are lots of versions on You Tube but I like this one.  Simple and beautiful.
Veni, veni Emmanuel.




No comments:

Post a Comment