Tuesday 9 May 2017

Tuesday

It's still dull, still chilly, still dampness in the air but never mind - the sun did eventually come out yesterday so it might do the same today, fingers crossed!

It was jolly cold down the allotment.  Our plot is at the edge so somewhat sheltered, but there was a stiff breeze and it was shiver-creating.  Fortunately, we had some heavy stuff to do so that kept us from feeling the worst of the cold.
We've well and truly started on the back part now and intend to continue this morning.  It's easier than the front in that it's been covered and, although the weeds have grown through a bit, it's not as bad as it could be.  It's very dry though, making it harder work to fork over but good for the calorie burning so no complaints.

Once home I found the shivers didn't go away so I whopped up the heating (in May!!!!!) and sat with my owly fleece over me  - and, yes, I fell asleep.  Twice.  And again in the evening.  And this morning I overslept until nearly six o'clock.

I must have needed that sleep!

Today is more allotment and then home to hang out some washing and have a quick lunch before going into school to FS to hear all about their trip to Tropical Wings yesterday.  It should all be good and I am feeling much more energetic again this morning, thank goodness.

It's time to put the coffee in the flask and go.  Have a lovely day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment