Monday 28 August 2017

Monday

 . .  and, I gather, a Bank Holiday.  I always used to feel mildly diddled with these bank holidays that came inside the normal holidays.  Not that much though because, after all, normal holiday, you know - nice!

For once the weather is glorious.  It's sunny, warm, a lovely English summer morning.  Also a perfect drying day.

I don't do much on bank holidays, certainly nothing special.  It's not worth the hassle and braving the crowds and the traffic.  I can go out any time nowadays so it seems mean of me to make bank holidays any more crowded than they already are when some only have the long weekend and then it is beck to work.

What do you do on bank holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, just a quick note to say I'm fine thanks and thanks for checking in! I totally agree about not doing anything on Bank Holidays if you can avoid it - with a slight twist in that I do want to get value for the weekend but I time it to avoid the worst travelling days. So I visit my mum on the Bank Holiday Sunday and then stay off the roads the rest of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're OK. In this heat it's best to stay indoors or in the shade anyway, I guess. It is baking here.
    J x

    ReplyDelete