Sunday 27 August 2017

Sunday

The other day I went hunting for a walking stick.  Not for me, for someone else.  In my hunt, I went into one of those 'sell almost anything' shops, one I'd never been in before and found a 'reduced books' shelf.  Well, what's a girl to do?  Of  course I dived in and emerged with a book entitled 'Bake it better: bread'.

I've got loads of bread books but this one is based on bread and tips from Bake Off and was extremely good value.  That's my excuse.

A few busy days later, I have started reading it and, my goodness, it is a treasure chest of recipes.  Each one I have looked at so far I want to make and I can see it's going to be a 'make a new one each week' situation.  I can't do more as I don't get through enough bread to justify more.

But definitely a find in a thousand!


Unfortunately, while looking for the image above, I have discovered that there's a whole set of books based on Bake Off  themes.  Oh, deary, deary me.😊



2 comments:

  1. our local chemist sells walking sticks the folding kind if that is any use. May be yours does too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth knowing for the future, thanks. I asked on Facebook and was amazed how many places I could have gone to. It's not something I've ever needed, you see.
    J x

    ReplyDelete