Thursday 31 August 2017

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  It's quite a lot more pleasant this morning, albeit cold!  The heating has clicked on and I'm not turning it off again.  It will soon be time to dig out the warmer dressing gown and the old slippers for the times I wake early before the place has warmed up.

I feel civilised now.  Sharon has worked her usual magic on my hair and the haystack look has vanished again for a few weeks.  I feel a lot more relaxed after having my hair done and, after a very short sleep on Tuesday night, I slept like a log last night, although the dream I remember was most peculiar - all about a huge space rock on collision course with earth.  Weird.

Before the hair appointment, I popped down to the old lotty in the rain to pick, coming back with a few baby corns, a few portions of green beans, some runner beans, some cucumbers and a few tomatoes from my friend's polytunnel.
I didn't deal with it all yesterday so that's on this morning's list of Things To Do.  Look out, freezer, here it comes!

I also got two loads of washing done, although one was a very small load.  Some went on the drying rack and the 'unmentionables' went in the tumble dryer as I didn't want them on show when Sharon came.  Silly?  Yes, maybe, but there you go!

I've been in communication with Tefal about those lids.  They are OK in the oven up to about 160C for under one hour (fat lot of use that is when hob to oven often involves long, slow cooking), they are glad I like the pans but no, there are no plans to make lids that are really oven proof and no, they don't intend to make the lids on the range of pans that are oven proof available separately.  So there you go!

That being so, it's just as well that yesterday the two multi-pan lids I ordered arrived.  They are from ProCook and look just the ticket, fitting all three pans.  I also notice that they do a larger lid which might fit my frying pans; I will have to do some measuring!

Today I have a little list.  One item involves trekking down to Morrisons with Beth because we both need passport type photos and Morrisons has a Machine!  Neither of us likes having our photo taken but this is necessity - well, it is if I want a renewed passport and a bus pass, which I do.

The next loaf in the book is now proving so fingers are crossed.  Yesterday's effort was fine but I did miss the flavour and texture that a bit of sugar and some oil imparts.  Today's is made with milk, butter and golden syrup so should be a lot richer in flavour.  It's a 'sandwich' loaf and fingers are crossed.  It looks good so far and the 'window' test worked so the dough is good.

I've just remembered it is bin day so I need to get my skates on and get that sorted.  Then I have to prep the vegetables for freezing and there's some ironing that needs doing, so I will say 'au revoir' until tomorrow.  Have a great day.



4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you get your veg all done! My feet are nippy this morning and it's dark and rainy. Slippers and a cardigan today for me!!! Next week it'll be glorious. You just watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bound to be. It's rather lovely here now, just a bit cold. The sun is shining.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream is not that weird if you've been watching the news recently, it's full of rockets of the malicious kind!

    Just as well you purchased those other lids, I expect it's all to do with money and paring down and they feel it's not profitable to produce a range of separate lids. In the end it all comes down to the bottom line.

    Is it a continental range? It has just occurred to me that on the continent they don't do as much oven/slow roasting and for their cassoulets they usually have purpose made pans. I suspect by stove to oven they mean cook on stove, keep warm in the oven, put on table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are Tefal so widely sold in this country. You could be right though, I don't know. Anyway, I have some lids now so no problems any more. :-) I could have used foil, of course!

    Maybe the dream did come from the news although I watch precious little of it at the moment, it's too depressing!
    J x

    ReplyDelete