Tuesday 29 August 2017

Tuesday

As the tabloids used to say 'What a Scorcher'.  Wasn't it lovely yesterday?  Four loads washed, line dried, ironed AND put away.

It was a bit too hot to sit out in the sun in the afternoon but, later on, it was gorgeous.  Today is supposed to be the same but I gather it might change tomorrow.  A bit of rain would be good for the allotment/garden so no complaints either way.

There's a decidedly autumnal 'feel' to things now, despite the current heat.  In the early morning I can smell that slightly smoky mistiness that whispers of things a-changing.  Driving around a few days ago, I could see that leaves are changing colour: the fresh green has gone and yellowish tints are beginning to glow.

I love every season in its own way and Autumn, with its riot of colours and aromas is right up there.  I love the increasingly dark mornings and evenings, the sense of being enfolded within my four walls, keeping the dark away and then being enfolded in it.  I love waking in the dark and watching the effects of sunrise in the shapes and shadows seen from my small living room window while the big windows still have drawn curtains.

And, more prosaically, I now have a leaf vacuum, so keeping the garden leaf-clear will be considerably easier.

What's your favourite season and why?


3 comments:

  1. I like you love them all and the garden is a great way to watch the seasons. I think I probably least like the very hot days of high summer. Winter is cosy and warm away from the elements and spring brings with it planting fever and with autumn comes preserving fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baking days are my least favourite too - too uncomfortable and it is harder to cool a home than to warm it up.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn because I love the smell in the air and because I like winter clothes. I have to admit though that by the time we've had months of cold, I can't wait for the warmer weather and sunshine.
    Eloise at
    thisissixty.blog

    ReplyDelete