Wednesday 6 September 2017

Wednesday

Good morning!  It's not raining this morning, nor is there any indication that we're had much overnight either.  Excellent!

I hope I can get some washing done today and dried on the line.  It is so much nicer when it's been line dried - fresher and easier to iron and, farming pongs excepted, I like bringing outdoor freshness in.

I'd also like to spend a bit of time on a general tidy up in the garden.  It's beginning to look a bit shaggy in spaces and there's some picking to do as well - a few runner beans, a few strawberries (those Ruby Anne's really are all summer fruiting as the bumph on the label claimed) and lots of tomatoes.  The fresh air will do me good as I've been a bit cooped in lately, one way and another.

Yesterday, I was so tired I slept quite a lot of the afternoon away.  I also slept well all night so must have needed it.  Here's hoping today is less wasted!

Better go.  I have a small ham in Thermione and I need to check it.  Then I will pop out and pick the runners and the tomatoes and then they need processing one way and another.  I also need to do something with the apples Jackie brought over on Sunday.  Some for blanching and freezing in slices for pies and crumbles, some for cranberry and apple sauce (I have cranberries left over from last Christmas) and then I will see how much I have left.

First of all though - another coffee and check that ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment