Thursday 26 October 2017

Thursday

I may have mentioned it once or twice but I have been on the lookout for a new reclining chair.  I have on that is just about dead on its castors and which keeps shedding screws when I move it.  One of these days it will die a death and never revive.

It's ever so old.  It belonged to my parents and they bought it reconditioned so it could be up to twenty five years old and it has been well used.  Every day, several times a day, I have fallen back into it with a sigh of relief.

It was time to replace the dear old thing.  I found what I wanted but had some difficulty in choosing a fabric.  I thought I'd found an exact match with my other chairs but no, it was different.  Two other possibilities weren't right either but finally I went for a darker shade that tones in beautifully.

I went back to the shop yesterday (they know me by sight now!) and the order is now in.
So in four weeks' time it will be out with the old, courtesy of the council's pick up service (£12 but so much better than the shop's price of £60 that I'm not complaining one bit), and I will be watching the likes of Pointless and Strictly in even greater comfort than now.

2 comments:

  1. The new reclining chair sounds wonderful and I am so glad you are getting one soon. Lovely to be able to sit in comfort. :)
    Your blog is a delight, as always - so nice to be able to read it again.
    Sonja XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to all my inconsequential ramblings. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete