Wednesday 25 October 2017

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's not a particularly bright morning at the moment but we have had some absolutely gorgeous Autumnal days recently.  Clear blue skies, bright sunshine and all those colours.  It really brightens the spirit and lifts the soul.  I love it when there's a breeze too and down come those leaves, catching the sun and flickering the light out to us.  Wonderful.

I had a bit of soup left over from a can of chicken broth.  It's not like cream of chicken, it is a thinner soup with added veg and shreds of chicken.  I'm not fond of it as a soup (it's OK but nothing beats home made, does it?) but I fried up some onion and yellow pepper, added the soup leftovers with a splash of white wine and a bit of a chicken stock cube and added some chicken breast fillet, sliced, before thickening it with some thickening granules.and it was absolutely delicious!  I shall remember that!

I also had a bit of tinned pineapple left so stewed it with one cooking apple and had it with custard (good old Birds, of course).  Totally scrummy!

That's the height of my haute cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment