Saturday 16 December 2017

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  Hoping things are well with you all.  It was another very cold day yesterday although I gather it will start warming up a little bit tomorrow.  Hope so - I'm tired of cold toes.  :-)

First of all, for one of my readers, Everydaythings' (what a lovely name), here's the link to the blog where I note down what I am eating each day.  It's called The Frugal Factor, although it's gone through several reincarnations over the year.  Click on the name to go there.

I felt quite energetic yesterday and managed to get quite a lot of house work type stuff done.  I've never been quite so prepared for The Big Day as I am this year - or am I chancing fate to say this and something dire will now happen?  I even managed to round up a whole load of random jam jars on a tray, ready to take them out to clutter up the shed instead of cluttering up my kitchen!

Today I am planning a trip to M&S.  There's a number of things I 'need' (want) to get that only they sell, such as their lavender perfume, jars of chicken and meat gravy (and turkey gravy if they have it) and other bits and bobs.
I have warned the bank manager!!

Apart from that, it is the usual changing the sheets and the resulting washing, drying and ironing.  I can't get out of the habit of doing this on a Saturday after years of working, even though in the thing I call my brain, Monday is the right day because that's when Mum always changed the sheets when I was a little girl.  Funny how these things stick, isn't it?

It's time for coffee now so I will pop off and get a few things done while the kettle boils.  Have a lovely warm day!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link! I shall be following that blog also for some good ideas. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad it is helpful.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good trip to M & S - such a lovely shop!
    It is very cold here, too - to be expected at this time of year, but it still takes one by surprise somehow. :o)
    Yes, old habits really do die hard - can be nice and familiar though.
    Have a lovely day today. S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete