Friday 9 March 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to Friday!  It's fine and dry right now but it's all so changeable at the moment, who knows if it will stay that way?

Yesterday we had some very squally showers with strong winds but it had all calmed down by the evening and there's a slight frost this morning.  I thought it was a bit chilly as I went toi tuition!

I was pleased to get all the washing and ironing done and, even more, all put away!  It's my sticking point, putting ironing away and I'm working to overcome it, hopefully successfully.  Such a silly little thing to leave!  That corner looks a lot better now.

On Wednesday, I was hearing reading and one little boy made me chuckle.

Little Boy:     [reading something about Kipper (a dog) crashing into something]
Me:                Oh, no, poor old Kipper.  Whatever will he do? (expecting some sort of predictive response)
Little Boy:     [looking at me with a mixture of pity and scorn].  It's not REAL you know, Mrs Clark.  It's only a story!

That told me, didn't it?
 
Today is a nice, quiet day (fingers crossed) with cosy little things, homey things, to do starting off with a coffee and moving on to a nice hot bath and a warm, fluffy towel!  :-)

Enjoy your day.  I'm sure I will.

4 comments:

  1. How interesting I to hate putting away laundry come to that I don't much like putting the shopping away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd, isn't it? I'm not sure why.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the things children say! I used to have a problem with putting the laundry away when the children were all little - especially socks. I hated matching them. It's a lot easier now it's just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouths of babes ... that was so funny! It reminds me of our little grandson who, a while ago, was being chastised by our elder son, his daddy, as he (grandson) was being naughty.
    Father: "That's naughty, Harrison! You must not do that!"
    Grandson: "It's only a little bit naughty, Daddy!"
    Our son tried his best not to laugh, but failed of course!
    Hope you are enjoying your new White Company towel!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete