Sunday 20 May 2018

Sunday extra!

I forgot to mention The Wedding!

I thought it was lovely.  It was blessed with sunshine, gentle warmth, happy crowds and beautiful music.  I rather took to Meghan's mum, sitting there all on her own, and wanted to give her a big hug.  I thought the way Charles took her hand when they went to sign the register was lovely.

Harry looked scared to death at a few points and Meghan - well, she looked just as every bride should look on her wedding day, fulfilling everyone's hopes and expectations and it was really rather clever of her.  She has such a beautiful smile.

And yes, the tears came when Harry lifted her veil and again at their confident responses and promises!

I'm just a soppy old romantic at heart!




2 comments:

  1. Maybe we are, yes. And a bit of pomp and pageantry goes a long way too.

    ReplyDelete